You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Bible’ tag.
The Breathing | Space alternative worship team will create a once-a-month worship event called breathe | deep. The first event will not be planned or advertised until there are 100-125 active and committed participants / members of Breathing | Space small groups. All who come to be part of this community will be encouraged to pray for and prepare for the first breathe | deep worship event.
The worship gathering will be designed with some of the following elements:
- visual art, imagery in worship
- creative storytelling/teaching about the life and teachings of Jesus Christ
- prayer and meditation stations
- communion – the sacred mystery
- tapestries / wall hangings
- use of technology
- natural elements
- creative writing
- music – vocal and instrumental
This worship event will be created by a team of people who are a part of the Breathing | Space community. Anyone connected with the community will be encouraged to participate in the monthly planning process and bring their gifts, insights and creativity to the planning “table”.
We invite you to commit to a rhythm of spiritual disciplines:
Daily – We live with a rhythm of daily disciplines:
- Simplicity – through simple, eco-friendly living and generous giving
- Community – through sharing meals, sharing possessions and sharing life
- Prayer and Scripture – through daily prayer and meditation on Scripture; praying for each other and gathering together for worship
Weekly – Gather with others to learn, love and be in fellowship, communion, and accountability (weekly common “table”).
Seasonally – Meet with others in times of festival, celebration and meditation, marking “holy-day” and the rhythms of the creation.
Lifelong – Study and learn together what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ, God made flesh, in a continual cycle of mystery and discovery.
Through these practices may we deepen our connection to one another, to God and to the world we serve.