You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘random thoughts’ category.
God holds the high center,
he sees and sets the world’s mess right.
He decides what is right for us earthlings,
gives people their just deserts.
God’s a safe-house for the battered,
a sanctuary during bad times.
The moment you arrive, you relax;
you’re never sorry you knocked.
(Psalm 9:7-10; The Message)
Do you feel battered by life? Knocked down? At times ready to give up? So many people are struggling today without work, without means to provide for themselves and their families. In such times, we often feel like we struggle on alone, depressed and worried, looking for a way out of the situation.
God Himself is the safe-house. God Himself is the sanctuary in bad times. Not the church, not the government, not our small group, not our Sunday School class, not the neighbor or our best friend – God Himself is the answer.
When we read King David’s Psalms we see a man who experienced similar life challenges. He was fearful, he was backed into a corner, he was angry with his enemies, he was frustrated. But over and over he turns to the Lord, seeks His guidance, His forgiveness, His strength. He asks for God’s kindness, for God’s justice and His provision.
We too have that privilege. We too can seek God’s provision and strength. We too can run to the safe-house, to the sanctuary that is our great God, our Father, our Lord. When we knock and he opens the door, we can relax in Him, knowing that He loves us and cares for us every moment of every day.
21 Personal Evolution Strategies
Copyright 1999 by Thomas J. Leonard and CoachVille LLC 2006.
To evolve more quickly and easily…
1. Surround yourself with new ideas instead of recycling your beliefs. Beliefs can limit your ability to experience life as it unfolds.
2. Make chaos your friend. The unexpected is a good thing as long as you’re open to it.
3. Let your environments do most of your evolutionary work for you. Evolution occurs as you adapt to such environments.
4. Use tolerations to your advantage. Every single thing you are putting up with is an opportunity waiting to be leveraged.
5. Constantly experiment. Synchronicity is the reward.
6. Spend more time in nature. Nature nourishes and recalibrates our natural systems.
7. Become the host of a thriving network. Let your network evolve you as you serve them.
8. Continuously integrate all aspects of your life. Integration evolves you from being needlessly complicated to being richly complex.
9. Invest in your virtual environments, not just your physical environments. Life is becoming more virtual.
10. Design your sources of energy. You can then operate at a higher frequency.
11. Become superconductive. Reduce the energy you consume by 90% by reducing your resistance to life.
12. Master the evolving set of Cyber Skills. Extend your intelligence by connecting with everyone.
13. Surround yourself with people who are eagerly evolving. They spark you. You spark them. Evolution occurs effortlessly.
14. Stop resisting. Assimilate events the first time they occur.
15. Choose a goal that is bigger than you are. Be pulled forward by it, instead of pushing yourself.
16. Get over yourself in every possible way. Arrogance holds you back.
17. Learn how you naturally operate. Come to honor your personal dynamic.
18. Know your gifts. And design your life to fully express them.
19. Emotionally heal. Healing maximizes your emotional IQ.
20. Cause something and surprise yourself. Initiative is a muscle.
21. Make what you don’t know more interesting than what you do know. Enjoy learning more than teaching.
“I pray to God-my life a prayer-
And wait for what he’ll say and do.
My life’s on the line before God, my Lord,
Waiting and watchung till morning,
Waiting and watching till morning.
Oh Israel (oh Follower of Jesus Christ),
wait and watch for God-
With God’s arrival comes love,
With God’s arrival comes generous redemption.
From Psalm 31. The Message
Have you ever fallen asleep at night talking to God about a burden, a preoccupation, a grief or a need and upon awaking the next morning, you find that your heart and spirit are still in prayer? You have been waiting. You have been watching. Your life is becoming a prayer.
Hold on to the promise… That with his arrival comes his love and his generous redemption. Let the Spirit of Christ smooth the salve of his grace, love and hope over the wounded places of your life and bring redemption, restoration and newness. Wait on the Lord. Wait on Him til the dawning of the new morning.
In John 14, in The Message, Jesus said, “because a loveless world is a sightless world. If anyone loves me, he will carefully keep my word and my Father will love him–we’ll move right into the neighborhood! The message you are hearing isn’t mine. It’s the message of the Father who sent me.”
In chapter 15 he said, “I am the Vine, you are the branches. When you’re joined with me and I with you, the relation intimate and organic, the harvest is sure to be abundant. Separated, you can’t produce a thing. Anyone who separates from me is deadwood, gathered up and thrown on the bonfire. But if you make yourselves AT HOME (my emphasis) with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon. This is how my Father shows who he is–when you produce grapes, when you mature as my disciples.”
What does it mean to be AT HOME IN HIS LOVE? Security, confident, hopefulness, trust, intimacy, oneness, companionship, growth. Living in my neighborhood, in my home… I’m in community with Him and with others who are also in an intimate relationship with Him and with me.
How thoroughly do I love my father God? is it possible to love him as thoroughly as the Lord Jesus loved his Father? How did he demonstrate his love for his father? by carrying out the Father’s instruction, down to the last detail.
I desire a moment by moment, organic, intimate relationship with the Spirit.
Where the mist rises from the sea
Where the waves creep upon the shore
Where the wrack lifts upon the strand
I have seen the Lord.
Where the sun awakens the day
Where the road winds on its way
Where the fields are sweet with hay
I have seen the Lord.
Where the stars shine in the sky
Where the streets so peaceful lie
Where the darkness is so nigh
I have seen the Lord.
The Lord is here
The Lord is there
The Lord is everywhere.
The Lord is high
The Lord is low
The Lord is on the path I go.
Landscapes of Light: An illustrated Anthology of Prayers; David Adam
Psalm 84; The Message.
What a beautiful home, God of the Angel Armies!
I’ve always longed to live in a place like this,
Always dreamed of a room in your house,
where I could sing for joy to God-alive!
Birds find nooks and crannies in your house,
sparrows and swallows make nests there.
They lay their eggs and raise their young,
singing their songs in the place where we worship.
God of Angel Armies! King! God!
How blessed they are to live and sing there!
And how blessed all those in whom you live,
whose lives becomes roads you travel;
They wind through lonesome valleys, come upon brooks,
discover cool springs and pools brimming with rain!
God-traveled, these roads curve up the mountain, and
at the last turn–Zion! God in full view!
God of the Angel Armies, listen:
O God of Jacob, open your ears–I’m praying!
Look at our shields, glistening in the sun,
our faces, shining with your gracious anointing.
One day spent in your house, this beautiful place of worship,
beats thousands spent on Greek island beaches.
I’d rather scrub floors in the house of my God,
than be honored as a guest in the palace of sin.
All sunshine and sovereign is God,
generous in gifts and glory.
He doesn’t scrimp with his traveling companions.
It’s smooth sailing all the way with God of the Angel Armies.